I was inspired by a fellow blogger to try this out. Notice the homemade bread in the picture. I told you that it even looked like real sandwich bread!
- 140 g (dry) white beans
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- whole grain sandwich bread
- Boil white beans until tender. Drain.
- Add white beans, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spread white beans on one slice of sandwich bread.
- Top with thinly sliced avocado, cucumber, tomato, spinach, and the other slice of bread.
Servings (of white bean mixture) ~ 8
Calories ~ Depends on your ingredients.
My example sandwich was: Calories ~ 386, Carbohydrates ~ 65 g, Fat ~ 10 g, Protein ~ 13 g