Monday, February 22, 2010

Bread Success!

I have been trying to bake a decent loaf of bread for quite a while. Each of my efforts has resulted in a spectacular failure, until this weekend. I finally got my hands on a recipe with detailed enough instructions of me to follow with success. On Saturday, I baked one batch (two loaves) of honey whole wheat bread. This bread is SO GOOD! It is the first time that I have actually made bread that has the taste and texture that I expected it to.

I used a recipe posted by butterflygroove on Livestrong.com (http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/honey-whole-wheat-bread/).


Chris and I were eating the bread at such a rapid pace that I decided to bake four more loaves on Sunday so that I could freeze some to have for the next few weeks. We made one cinnamon swirl loaf on Sunday which was amazing. Not exactly diet friendly, but what a treat. I would really like to make French toast out of it, but I doubt that it will last until the weekend and I probably won't actually cook breakfast until then.



Lastly, Duke decided to get dressed up this weekend (or maybe that was Chris that felt like playing dress-up).


That can't feel good for Duke's ears. Poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment